Overdraft Coverage Options
Life happens! First Bank & Trust Company understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time - Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at First Bank & Trust Company (1)||One-time $10 setup fee|
|Overdraft Protection - First Freedom Account (2)||Subject to fees + interest|
|Overdraft Privilege||$27.50 Overdraft Fee per item. Weekly fees may apply.|
(1)Call us at 580-336-5562, email us at email@example.com, or come by any of our locations to sign up or apply for these services; (2)Subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or line of credit you may have at First Bank & Trust Company for a fee or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted.
| Transactions Covered with
| Standard Coverage
(No action required)
| Extended Coverage
(Your consent required)*
|ACH - Auto Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Purchases||X*|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
*If you choose Extended Coverage, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Overdraft Privilege coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at 580-336-5562 or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Else You Should Know
• A link to another account or a line of credit is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance.
• The $27.50 Overdraft Fee is less than the $29.00 NSF/Return Fee that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Fee of $27.50 or an NSF/Return Fee of $29.00. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
• If your account balance remains overdrawn for longer than 7 business days, we will charge your account a weekly overdraft fee of $25.00 for each 7 consecutive business days the account remains overdrawn, beginning with day 7.
• For consumer accounts, there is a daily total limit of $145.00 for Overdraft and/or NSF/Return Fees per account. We will not charge an Overdraft Fee if an account is overdrawn by $4.00 or less.
• We generally post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) Pre-authorized transactions such as ATM withdrawals or transfers and one-time POS transactions first and in dollar amount order with the smallest first, 3) ACH debit transactions, electronic banking transfers or wire transfers, with the smallest dollar amount first, 4) checks, drafts and recurring POS transactions according to the dollar amount with the smallest items first, (5) service charges will post last beginning with the smallest first. However, exceptions will occur. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Fees or NSF/Return Fees assessed.
• Although under payment system rules, First Bank & Trust Company may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, First Bank & Trust Company will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions.
• Giving us your consent to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in your incurring Overdraft Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
• First Bank & Trust Company authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is comprised of the memo ledger balance and does not include any deposited funds on hold. First Bank & Trust Company may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection and/or the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit, may be used to authorize and pay a transaction.
• Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your balance provided through online banking, mobile banking, or First Bank & Trust Company ATMs.
• First Bank & Trust Company will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Fee may be assessed.
• Except as described in this letter, First Bank & Trust Company will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s).
• We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit. If you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g., utilities, and your debit card is ever suspended, these transactions will be returned to the payee(s). You will need to make other arrangements to make these payments to the payee(s).
• An Overdraft Privilege limit of $100 is available for eligible Personal and Business Checking accounts at account opening.
• Overdraft Privilege limits of up to $500 are available for eligible Personal and Business Checking accounts opened at least 1 month in good standing.
• Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
• Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day.
• Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at 580-336-5562 or visit any of our locations.
Money Management Tools
Free ATM Locations
Click here to find a free ATM near you! Simply type in your zip code and look for ATM’s with "No Surcharge" under Services.
Safe Deposit Boxes
|3 x 5||$12.00|
|5 x 5||$15.00|
|3 x 10||$30.00|
|5 x 10||$45.00|
|10 x 10||$80.00|
The Noble Center
The Noble Center is FB&T's new, state-of-the-art conference and training venue. It is available for group meetings day and evening, Monday through Friday, at no charge. The facility will accommodate up to 100 people, depending on room configuration, and is excellent for hosting educational, civic, or community activities and meetings. Click here to learn more.
To make a reservation, contact Yvette Dow at (580)336-5562 or *email us.
Our Trust Team will help you make the most of what you have.
Basically, any trust instrument is designed to maximize your estate, your assets or your earnings...so you can enjoy the results of your lifetime of hard work now...or to take care of your heirs when you are no longer here to do it yourself. We have the expertise to create just the right trust for you. Our Trust Team represents almost a century of combined experience...backed by the loyalty of our present trust customers. Consult with your attorney or CPA, then talk with us about what our Trust Team can do for you.
We'll show you that trusts aren't exclusively for the wealthy or the elderly. They'll work for anyone who wants to make the most of what they have.
Our experienced staff can help you with your estate planning needs.
- Personal Trust Services
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Estates and Guardianships
- Agency Services
Please contact us for more information.
Valentine’s Day Cards
The First Bank Kids Klub was formed with the goal of teaching children the importance of saving for the future. This club is designed for children ages 0-12 years old. MEMBERSHIP IS FREE!
Winners of our contests receive prizes or savings certificates to be deposited into their First Bank accounts. We also give our members a special gift during their birthday month.
If you are not yet a member of the Kids Klub, stop by First Bank for your enrollment form. You will receive a membership certificate and be added to our fun mailing list. We look forward to getting to know you!!
- Abstract Safekeeping
- Automatic Sweep
- Cashiers Checks
- Collections - Outgoing & Incoming
- Copy Machine Available
- Discount Brokerage
- Direct Deposit
- Escrow Services
- Fax Machine Available
- Indemnity Bonds
- Lock Bags
- Notary Service
- Personalized Checks and Deposit Books
- Precious Metals
- State Quarter Collector Sets
- Trust Services
- Vault Safekeeping
- Visa Gift Cards
- Visa / Mastercard
- Wire Transfers
- Zipper Bags
*If you have a specific question regarding your First Bank account or you have a question that requires you to provide account or personal information, please DO NOT send an email. We advise you NOT to send sensitive personal information through unencrypted email. Please call any of our friendly bankers at 580.336.5562 who will be happy to assist you during regular banking hours.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We will never ask you to verify your personal or account information via an unsolicited email or telephone call. Please visit our Privacy Statement for more information regarding protecting your personal and financial information.
Loan & Mortgage Options
Electronic Banking Services